Hancock Bank Discover the Gulf South $5,000 Sweepstakes Official Rules ("Official Rules")
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Hancock Bank Discover the Gulf South $5,000 Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to all legal United States residents of the States of AL, FL, LA & MS and who have reached the age of majority in their home state at the time of entry. Employees of Hancock Bank ("Sponsor"), its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc. ("Administrator") and their immediate family members (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the households of the above, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 Central Time ("CT") on September 13, 2010 and ends at 11:59:00 CT on October 30, 2010 ("Promotional Period"). You will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry when you complete the online registration form at www.discoverthegulfsouth.com and by submitting an answer to a daily question. A new daily question will be posted on the homepage each day during the Sweepstakes Period. Additionally all consumers who open a checking account with e-Banking during the promotional period will be automatically entered. Multiple entries will be permitted throughout the Sweepstakes Period, however; only one entry per person/email address per day will be permitted.
3. DRAWING: The potential winner will be selected on or about November 17, 2010 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received under the direction of Marden-Kane, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
4. ODDS: The odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received for the entire Promotional Period.
5. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: Winner’s choice of one of the following (4) trip options up to $4,500 which will include round-trip coach air transportation from a major U.S. airport near winner's residence, standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations for 3 nights/4 days, $500 spending money and a check for 33% of the actual value of the prize that may be used towards the payment of taxes: Option 1 - New Orleans, Louisiana; Option 2 – Pt. Clear, Alabama; Option 3 - Biloxi, Mississippi; or Option 4 - Orlando, Florida or you can choose to create your own 3 night vacation getaway to anywhere in AL, FL, LA or MS. Approximate Retail Value with maximum tax allowance: $6,650. Actual value may vary based upon point of departure and dates of travel. Additionally, the Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for the payment of all taxes on the prize and for any other costs and expenses not specifically described above which are associated with the acceptance and use of a prize.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Blackout periods and other restrictions may apply. Winner and guest must travel together and on the same itinerary, or prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsors discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Travel must be completed within one year of date of award or prize will be forfeited. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Reservations are subject to availability. Winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledges that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the grand prize that are not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, baggage fees, meals, beverages of any type and gratuities are the responsibility of prize winner and guest.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be called on the telephone by the Administrator (the representative for Hancock Bank), on or about November 19, 2010. If the potential winner is not at home when he/she is called, the Administrator will leave a message for the potential winner to call back to either accept or decline the prize. If the Administrator does not receive a return call within 24 hrs from the time the call is placed to the potential winner to accept his/her prize, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. When a potential winner accepts the prize, he/she will receive written confirmation via Federal Express ("FedEx"). The winner will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Release, and, where legal, a Publicity Release and IRS form W-9, all of which must be returned within seven (7) calendar days via FedEx. Sponsor will furnish a prepaid FedEx envelope. If the above documents are not received within the time period, or if the prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with the Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, cities and states of residence and photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Upon request, winners will consent to such in writing. The winner’s travel companions must be of the legal age of majority in his/her state of residence and at least 18 years of age unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and each will be required to execute and return a Travel Companion Liability & Release Form, and where lawful, a Publicity Release prior to issuance of the travel documents. If a minor, the documents must be signed by the parent or legal guardian. Failure to return Travel Companion Liability & Release Forms in a timely manner may prevent travel companion from participating in the trip.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc. and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, "Releasees") from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto) that may be awarded. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Louisiana relating to the administration of the Sweepstakes. Releasees are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or that may arise in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for transactions, or mail that is lost, stolen, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, undelivered, delayed, illegible or postage-due or for applications, transactions, that fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, paper transfer, human or other error. If in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise, corrupt, or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing and award the prize using all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, participant agrees that: a.) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b.) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c.) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event shall participant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
9. WHO WON?: For the name of the Sweepstakes winner (available after 11/30/10), go to www.discoverthegulfsouth.com.
10. SPONSOR: Hancock Bank, P.O. Box 4019, Gulfport, MS 39502. Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 1055 Franklin Avenue, Ste. 300, Garden City, NY 11530.